Thursday, June 10, 2010

Double Loop Wire Binding

Double-loop wire binding is one of the binding methods I enjoy doing. I think maybe part of the reason was my fascination with these wires during my school days -- those wire bound notebooks that I used to have. And maybe part of the reason as well could be that I enjoy "securing" the pages and making them "whole", more like a book which is one of my past time so to speak. Or simply perhaps the very reason is that I have chosen the easiest and most enjoyable to use, double-loop wire binding machine. The binding machine I am using is the WireBinder 3:1 from Rilecart:

3:1 meaning, having 3 holes every inch. It is a square hole, can punch up to 20pages of paper and can bind up to 120 sheets of paper. I am not sure if the wiremac and wirebinder are one and the same but judging by the looks of it, they are. The instructions are well-presented on the manual included and on the website and their even is a video on youtube, so you'll never get lost. I have binded reports, notebooks, prayer books, numbering from 1 to 64 in one sitting and this machine didn't let me down. Little did I know that while I was doing the "hooking", I was slowly getting hooked! 

Here's the actual picture with binding covers on the side: 

No comments:

Post a Comment