Monday, November 2, 2009

Free 3D Paper Art

Are you looking for some wonderful ways to spend wonderful time at home with your family? Try 3D paper art! I have no kid/s myself but a kid-at-heart, I was fascinated with this art when I saw it from the Internet. These realistic paper structures brings you closer to the real thing. I haven't seen one in person so I why not create one myself, I thought so. There are quite a number of point of interest in the Internet for free paper arts: Canon Creative Park and Yamaha Paper Crafts. Browsing over the website of  Canon Creative Park, under the Animals -> Dogs/Cats category, I chose the smooth coat Chihuahua. Some facts from the site:


"The Chihuahua is thought to be a descendant of a breed of dog called the Techichi. The Techichi was the dominant breed in the 9th century in the area that is now Mexico. The Techichi was a pet of the Toltec people. The Techichi was not only a pet to the Toltecs and the Aztecs, but also was important for religious reasons. It was believed that if Techichi were creamated with the dead, the Techichi would take on the burden of the deceased person's sins and turn away the anger of the gods. Further, it was believed that the Techichi would protect the souls of the dead from evil spirits, and lead them to their final destination in the afterlife. The Chihuahua of today is thought to be a cross between descendants of the Techichi and a hairless dog called the Chinese Crested Dog. There are two types of coat found in Chihuahuas - the Long Coat variety has long hair, while the Smooth Coat variety has short hair. The hair of the Long Coat is sometimes curly."

My Tools and Materials:
230 GSM glossy photo paper to  give my furry friend a shiny coat
Pen type cutter - be careful with it!
T10 printer with CISS
popcicle stick
All purpose Glue


Following the instructions included, it is quite hard to make at first and it took me 4hours to finish it! This is the finished product:





















So that's my first shot on 3D paper art... Thank you for reading! Have a question? Post a comment and I’ll be happy to answer it… 

No comments:

Post a Comment